Tuesday, August 13, 2013

T- minus 2 days until take off...and 3 bags packed!!

Packing for 2 years is a daunting task and has taken me much time and thought. Not only must I pack for my professional career, but I've got to pick out my favorite, yet respectable leisure wear (knee-length pants/skirts and shirts with sleeves). I also can't leave without some basic teaching resources, journals, technology, jewelry, accessories, toiletries that would be hard to find overseas and my beloved shoes (both summer and winter). I'll eventually pack a total of 4 suitcases, ha! Could you logically browse through your own belongings and pick out what you would need for 2 years? So yes, it's been a difficult process!

So I'll be flying out of Memphis, TN Thursday morning and will spend an entire day traveling in and out of airports until I reach my destination...Casablanca, Morocco. Stay tuned and look for my reaction when I step onto African land :)  I'll explore Casa this weekend before starting a week-long orientation at Casablanca American School.

Since Morocco is a third-world country and the pace of life is much more slower than what I'm used to, it may take awhile to set up internet and a new phone plan. Keep in touch and I'll post pictures as soon as possible!

Say a prayer that I embark on safe travels :)


Love, Lauren






1 comment:

  1. You made it! Now, tell me what your first drink and meal is going to be! It better not be lame.

    ReplyDelete